About

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Candied Bacon!!!

OK, So I have been behind on getting these recipes to you all! I know a bunch of you (I am guessing, the 4-6 followers I have) wanted to have some candied bacon (honestly, who wouldn't? Well, besides one of my besties, Marco, but he's a weirdo, I took bacon chocolate chip cookies to work when we lived in Hawaii, and he picked the bacon out and ate it separate from the rest of the cookie!). I even made more candied bacon to have in the fridge so it is there for a snack! Not just a cupcake topping, people! Oh the things we could do! Here you go, I hope it is not too terribly overwhelming for you! Here is where my inspiration came from. It was all I could do to not run right home in the middle of the day to make these with cupcakes!

Ingredients:
12 slices bacon
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
(optional) give it some spice and add some cayenne pepper! Yum!

Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and put a wire rack (well sprayed) on top of said baking sheet.

* Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and optional cayenne pepper.
* Press the bacon into the sugar mixture, coating both sides.
* Place coated bacon on wire racked cookie sheet
* Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 min. Until bacon is nice and caramelized and starting to look crispy. I always burn the very ends. But I really don't care. It's still amazing!
* Remove bacon as soon as you can, so it doesn't cool and stick to the wire rack.
* These are delicious, warm or cooled! I think there are so many other things we can try these on! Let me know what you do with them!


I may have forgotten to take pictures of the final product, but take my word for it. Delicious! ENJOY!

Until next time (which will be soon, you all need a red velvet and a buttercream recipe, don't you!?).

Grumpy Baking!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment