About

Monday, October 15, 2012

(Almost) EVERYBODY loves BACON!

HOOOOOLY COW! Hi guys! What's it been? Over a week??! So sorry! Things have been CRIZAZY with the Davidson's! (I'm so exhausted, I don't even know why the hell I said crizazy).  Here is a little break down. I will just start with last Monday.

Came home from work last Monday, and hubband called me to say he fell at football and needed to go to the ER. Landed on his shoulder and could have pulled/torn/broken something. Well, for those that don't already know the end result, he was right. Broken collarbone! Suhweet deal dude! No. No. Not so much. Hubband was put in a sling for 3 weeks. We did pick him up a super sweet figure 8 sling, at the request of a dear friend and physical therapist that I used to work with. Seems to be a bit more comfortable in that. One week down as of tonight! He is uncomfortable and cranky (understandably). Honestly though, most guys kinda sorta A LOT turn into giant babies when they are sick or hurt. Hubband is no exception. But, I love him to pieces, so I will allow it. He can be the cupcake tester since he's down for the count!

Thursday last week was a co-workers birthday. She LOVES red velvet, so I made red velvet cupcakes with  vanilla swiss meringue buttercream. I have said it once and I will say it again, I hate cream cheese frosting, I don't know why, I just can't get on board with it. So, her cupcakes were made with buttercream. It's fine, they're better that way. Trust me. Here is a couple crappy pics I took with my phone. One day, I 'll have a grown up camera.


 MMMMMMM! They were a hit.

Friday's I get off work at 2:00pm, I love that, it gives me extra time to get stuff done! Like bake new recipes! I came home and started making chocolate chili cupcakes (recipe to be blogged tomorrow night. I'm tired as hell). I think I'll re name them "chocolate red pepper cupcakes" because of the red pepper flakes and I do have some other variations I want to try with these ones also. I took them to the bar we go to every Friday night and they were a hit! Even the one that landed in my face when I tripped on the way to the bar was eaten! Score! Here is what those looked like.

Who wouldn't love chocolate with a little heat! These had some kick!

Saturday was the Navy Birthday Ball! Happy 237th birthday US NAVY! We got all gussied up ( I even paid to get my hair done, and learned how to apply make up! Big deal, people) and went to  the Naval Post Graduate School where they have a huge ballroom, dancing, food, friends, PHOTO BOOTH! (went back 3 times!) Always a fun time! I wish I had taken a picture of the cake, it was cute! However, they cake they served, which I found out was not the cake on display, was definitely not up to par. Bland chocolate, I don't think I'd even call it cake. It was weird. Jeremy had the lemon. That one was good!  Here are a few pics from the evening.




Isn't that sling awesome?! What a trooper!

Sunday, we drove up to Benicia to see some friends we hadn't seen in 4 years! Jeremy's friends Angelo and Chris were having a birthday party for their 2 year old son. It was at a great park, so the kids weren't all cooped up (around me) and were able to roam freely. (kids "roam", right?). Great weather and awesome to see them again! We will definitely head back up to visit soon!

That brings us to today. ALL day, for some reason, I kept thinking about wanting to make candied bacon. THEN I had to figure out what kind of cupcake/frosting combo I wanted to put it with. Here is what I did. DARK chocolate cupcakes with maple swiss meringue buttercream and candied bacon on top! Dudes. Seriously, this candied bacon rocks. I could just eat it as a snack by the fist full! But I wont. Tonight. Hubband loved these cupcakes, but has requested that there be candied bacon in every bite! We will see, I may have to play around with this one a bit more. I will post this recipe soon too. Like I said. Tired as hell. Here are the candied bacon cupcakes!


Seriously awesome. I will also post how to make the candied bacon. Super easy. So easy, you may find yourself making it, "just cause"

I really didn't have much to rant/rage about this time (sorry, Loper). It was almost like I was too busy to get angry, that can't happen. I knew I felt weird. I had so many things to get you all caught up on from the past week, but I do want you to know, I road raged pretty hard today. So with that, good night and grumpy baking!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment