About

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

24 in a 25

OH MY GOD! Drivers. All. Other. Drivers. I cannot stand you! Why can't you drive!? On my way home today, I was driving up highway 1, cruisin, as one might do, when a truck comes up on my left, and hauls ass past me. Now, it is not the speed I was concerned about, speed if you want, I don't care. However comma (,) please do not fly by me AND cross the line at the same moment you are right next to me! Seriously!? I then watched as he rode the line all the way to the next (red of course) light.

Then... following a jack ass of a man in a semi residential area. I say semi, because there are houses and a park, and a house that I am not sure what it is (I think maybe a home for the addicts?) but the speed limit at one point is 30, then 35, then 25. This asshole....went 24. THE WHOLE WAY. Also, I am pretty sure he was driving with two feet. No one should use their brakes that much. ESPECIALLY if there is no one in front of them! Oh man, I was fuming. I could feel my rage building (it starts in my tummy) and before I knew it, hands were flailing and I was screaming. I was so tempted to ride his as at a ridiculous speed of 24.5, but since I have a brand new car, I didn't want to risk what would obviously be serious damage caused by such reckless driving. Ugh, son of a bitch.

Here is my pretty new car! I love her. Her name is Aretha, because she is black and curvy, with soul! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with friends and family! I did! I got to go to Portland and see my family for a week! Then we were in LA for New Years. So much fun! We have been so crazy busy lately, with the holiday's, traveling, finding a new found love of guns. What's that you say? Guns? Watch out world! I'm safe. Don't worry. We have been going to the shooting range and getting a feel for the guns we like. I picked a hand gun I love and Jeremy found a rifle. So, on Saturday, we took a little road trip (with 2 secret people. Names are omitted to protect identities) to L.A. and were able to purchase a couple! We have to go back in 2 weeks to pick them up (damn waiting period). But we can certainly make another fun road trip out of that! Here is a pic of one of the guns we will be getting.
Don't worry, I won't be keeping a gun in my car. Bad things. Bad things.


One of the highlights of this trip was that I got to see one of my besties! Marco! (Marci, as I call him) He was in LA heading to San Diego for a conference and I got to have dinner with him! I haven't seen anyone from Hawaii since we had to move and I was thrilled for this chance! I miss everyone so much! So we went to dinner (Mexican, because Marci is Mexican and he wouldn't let us go to his grandma's for dinner) then we all went to the Santa Monica pier! What fun! I had never been! We had funnel cakes and looked at stupid sun glasses. We left LA around 8pm and arrived back in Monterey at 1:15am. EXHAUSTED. But totally worth it! In two weeks, we will retrieve our guns! 

Here is Marci and I!

I really hope we get to go back to Hawaii for a visit before we move again!

I have no baking posts for you. The only thing food related is that I had tacos tonight, and I got yelled at because I used so much sour cream that is basically "sealed" everything else up inside the taco.....yuuuummmm!  

Have a great week everybody! And remember, DO NOT drive 24 in a 25! Hell, don't even drive 25-29 in a 25! (Unless there are kids or puppies). 

Grumpy baking!

B




1 comment:

  1. OMG! I couldn't agree with you more about drivers! They are all freaking idiots!!!!! I get soooo mad some days and I have to drive to and from work 5 days a week (about 40 miles round trip)! Ugh! My BP is going up just thinking about it...thanks Brandi! LOL! ;-)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete