About

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cupcakes for breakfast!

I had cupcakes for breakfast. They were amazing and I don't regret a single one of them.

Is it seriously NOVEMBER!? What the shit?! And I have been TOTALLY MIA for weeks! Sorry. Mostly. Thanksgiving is in like 4 days! Once again we are hosting for hubbands fellow service members, AND my sister Karin and nephew Wyatt are coming from LA! It's going to be a great weekend!

I have been baking new recipes A LOT! So much that I really should have about 15 other posts before this one. But, I don't. So get over it. You get this one. Before we get into what I have made over the last couple weeks, let's discuss one of my FAVORITE things! Situational awareness! Not everyone has it (and I hate those people).  This is being brought up because it is the holiday season (though, this should be practiced ALL YEAR) and like many of you, we had to go shopping this weekend for the turkey day food! HOLY SHIT. It's a damn nightmare and it just gets worse every year! People are assholes, aren't they!? I can sure be one! I am going to start ordering my thanksgiving dinners online or something!

Now, the shopping is only going to get worse from here on out, so I am glad that I am ordering most of my gifts online and having them shipped to Portland where they will be waiting for me! However, I WILL have to go out into the hoards of people at some point again before the season is over, and when I do, I will follow these simple (you would think) rules. Don't be a jackass, just do them.

* When you see something you need, move your body AND you cart to the side. Why the hell would you stop directly in the middle of the aisle!? Clearly, you are the only person in the store.
* Common traffic rules also apply, if you're a slow ass mo fo, keep to the right! This allows people who might be in a hurry (or, are just faster shoppers in general) to grab what they need and move around you!
* A simple "excuse me" or "oh, pardon me, I'm sorry" will get a smile and not a "bitch, I'm about to rip your face off" scowl. Don't just be barging in front of me, bumping me and blocking the shelves.
Have an idea of what you need. Don't stand in front of someone for 5 min with your head up your ass while you hmmm and hawww over angel hair or spaghetti.
* DO NOT abandon your cart 3 aisles from where YOU are. You know the Dane Cook joke about leaving your cart in the grocery store and "God forbid someone wants all that same shit"? Well, I don't want it. But I will move it out of the way of myself and other shoppers. If you can't find it after that, not my problem.
* Keep your damn eyes open. Look around you. If you see someone coming, move aside. If you see something you want to look at, glance around before you stop "is someone trying to get by? Am I blocking an entire walking space?" "oh, hello friend that I am randomly bumping into, we should chat, but NOT here in the middle of an aisle or where the check out stands are, we should move aside"
That's it. Common courtesy people.

OK, over the last few weeks I have made the following: Egg nog cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream, gingerbread with vanilla buttercream, vanilla with chocolate and vanilla swirl buttercream and tonight, I made one of my newest faves...dark chocolate with raspberry buttercream. Crap, that was good! My sister, Mandi is getting sad because I keep sending her pictures. Now I have to make a billion cupcakes when I get to Portland! (I don't mind)

This morning, I had a vanilla with chocolate and vanilla swirl, for breakfast. Hubband doesn't like it when I eat that stuff for breakfast, but, hubband wasn't here! HA! Oh man it was good. I had another a couple hours later for a snack. And then tonight, the dark chocolate raspberry for after dinner treats! Here is a few pics of what I have done. I will post the recipes in the next (SOON) post!

 Eggnog cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream
 Gingerbread cupcakes with vanilla buttercream
 Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla and chocolate swirl. (I hate that piping tip, why did I use it?!)
Dark chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream. (AMAZING!)

No comments:

Post a Comment